The Mikroscan™ L5
With our live robotic microscope, you can remotely perform a comprehensive, traditional microscope evaluation of the original glass slide specimen.
Find what you’re looking for on your own terms.
Using 5 high-quality microscope objectives, you will have complete control over slide navigation, focus, and illumination just like with a traditional brightfield microscope. You choose the planes of focus and areas of interest, not the system. Unlike with other systems, you can also control illumination from where you are to boost light for better examination of a thick specimen.
With our new Autoloader add-on, you can load up to 20 slides for a more comprehensive case review.
With the L5, you can be anywhere in the world and review a glass slide as though you were in the same room.
Save Time and Generate More Revenue
- Save an average of 3-4 hours of travel and waiting time by reviewing frozen sections remotely
- Perform remote ROSE to confirm adequacy, reduce repeat procedures, and support growing FNA volume
- Accelerate patient throughput and reduce turnaround time to obtain tumor margin status in Mohs surgery
- Reduce expensive operating room wait time and delays
- Easily fit the small (>1-square-foot) system in crowded gross rooms to expedite slide viewing
Facilitate Subspecialty Review
- Provide a remote, on-call specialist for intraoperative consults
- Confidently provide high-quality diagnosis to reduce repeat operations
- Support residents with subspecialty consults
Get Up and Running Quickly
- Self-install in less than 2 hours, with minimal IT configuration
- Easily move the small (>1-square-foot), portable system by hand or from suite to suite using a wheeled trolley
- Connect with existing PACS and LIMS through an Active Directory—no HL7 interface required
- Complete set of objectives—2X, 4X, 10X, 20X, and 40X—for true magnification
- Identify areas of interest, focus through them, store image snapshots and through-focus stacks, and return to regions of interest for additional review
- Use optional audit trail tracks areas you have visited and at what magnification
- Focus on real-time region of interest and specimen in three dimensions
- Capture and store individual and through-focus regions of interest with ‘Snapshots’ and ‘Z-Snaps’
- Find optimum focus using manual and automated focusing
- Time-to-view 9 seconds per slide
I have used 3-4 other digital pathology scanners and this is by far the best product I have used for frozen section consultation.
Mikroscan allows me to instantly view frozen sections from anywhere. It isn’t necessary to travel to the hospital to evaluate a specimen; I can do it real time from my office, or wherever I happen to be.