The Mikroscan™ SL5
Our dual-mode system offers two completely separate and distinctly different capabilities in one convenient device. You select one of two modes—a live robotic microscope for the examination of specimens on glass slides or a static digital pathology scanning mode for the creation of digitized tissue samples.*
The only system that operates as a live robotic microscope or digital pathology scanner
The SL5 is the most compact, portable, and affordable telemicroscopy and digital pathology instrument on the market. It provides the added advantage of real-time telemicroscopy along with a completely separate mode for traditional "scan, store, and share" digital pathology applications. The SL5 contains a complete set of objectives—2X, 4X, 10X, 20X, and 40X—for true magnification of a wide range of applications and uses.
The digital pathology mode of the SL5 makes it easy for students, educators, researchers, and clinicians to share tissue samples from any location.
Save Time and Reduce Expenses
- Scan slides quickly and easily to create a permanent record of regions of interest or the whole slide
- Instantly view and share scanned images anywhere in the world, reducing travel expenses and improving turnaround time
- Decrease the cost of preparing and sending multiple glass slides to colleagues or institutions
- Provide flexible schedules for busy pathologists who can expand their reach through remote services
Get Up and Running Quickly
- Self-install in less than 2 hours, with minimal IT configuration
- Easily move the small (>1-square-foot), portable system by hand or from suite to suite using a wheeled trolley
- Connect with existing PACS and LIMS through an Active Directory—no HL7 interface required
- Increase productivity by easily retrieving, viewing, analyzing, and sharing images from a central archive
- Rapidly access samples and prior cases for use in teaching and training
- Share and analyze data across global interdisciplinary teams in commercial and academic research institutions
- Improve interpretive accuracy by having remote access to sub-specialists
- Analyze the non-proprietary TIF images created by the SL5 using any image analysis algorithm for objective, accurate results
- Collaborate in the laboratory or cloud
- Full digital pathology capability
- Create non-proprietary TIF-format images for use with any image analysis algorithm
- Complete set of objectives—2X, 4X, 10X, 20X, and 40X—for true magnification
- Use tissue auto-detection and manual field selection options to identify and acquire multiple areas of interest
- Use audit trail option to track areas you have visited and at what magnification
- Focus on real-time region of interest and specimen in three dimensions
- Capture and store individual and through-focus regions of interest with ‘Snapshots’ and ‘Z-Snaps’
- Find optimum focus using manual and automated focusing
- Store images using local or cloud-based options
- Scan at a speed of 45 seconds for 15mm x 15mm at 20X
While the digital pathology mode of the SL5 is intended for use in research and education only, the live telemicroscopy mode of the SL5 allows you to address many clinical applications.
Watch our video!
See how the Live mode of the SL5 system allows pathologists to evaluate glass slides from anywhere in the world.