The Mikroscan™ SL5-E
Our dual-mode system offers two completely separate and distinctly different capabilities in one convenient device. You select one of two modes—a digital pathology scanning mode for the creation and interpretation of digitized tissue samples, or a live robotic microscope for the remote examination of specimens on glass slides.
The only system that operates as a live robotic microscope or digital pathology scanner
Available for export* only, the SL5-E is the most compact, portable, and affordable telemicroscopy and digital pathology instrument on the market. It provides the added advantage of real-time telemicroscopy along with a separate mode for traditional "scan, store, and share" digital pathology applications. The SL5-E contains a complete set of objectives—2X, 4X, 10X, 20X, and 40X—for true magnification of a wide range of applications and uses. Optional 60X upgrade is available.
With our new Autoloader add-on, you can scan and view up to 20 slides for more efficient case review.
Digital Pathology and Live Telepathology
The digital pathology mode of the SL5-E makes it easy to share and analyze tissue samples from any location, facilitating research and expediting diagnosis. With the live telemicroscopy mode, you can perform a comprehensive, traditional evaluation of a glass slide using live streaming and a remotely controlled microscope.
Save Time and Reduce Expenses
- Scan slides quickly and easily to create a permanent record of regions of interest or the whole slide
- Store and retrieve large amounts of data on demand
- Instantly view and share scanned images anywhere in the world, reducing travel expenses and improving turnaround time
- Decrease the cost of preparing and sending multiple glass slides to colleagues or institutions
- Provide flexible schedules for busy pathologists who can expand their reach through remote services
- Increase productivity by easily retrieving, viewing, analyzing, and sharing images from a central archive
- Rapidly access samples and prior cases
- Share and analyze data across global interdisciplinary teams in commercial and academic research institutions
- Improve interpretive accuracy by having remote access to sub-specialists
- Collaborate in the laboratory or cloud
Improve Quality and Outcome
- Perform primary diagnosis of high-quality, whole-slide images, from anywhere
- Evaluate time-critical specimens such as frozen sections, instantly
- Improve patient safety with the use of barcodes
- Support diagnoses with objective digital decision support, such as image analysis and artificial intelligence
- Gain rapid access to prior cases for comprehensive case review
Get Up and Running Quickly
- Self-install in less than 2 hours, with minimal IT configuration
- Easily move the small (>1-square-foot), portable system by hand or from suite to suite using a wheeled trolley
- Connect with existing PACS and LIMS through an Active Directory—no HL7 interface required
- Full digital pathology capability
- Live, remote evaluation of glass slide
- Scan up to 20 slides with new Autoloader option
- Create non-proprietary TIF-format images for use with any image analysis algorithm
- Complete set of objectives—2X, 4X, 10X, 20X, and 40X—for true magnification
- Use tissue auto-detection and manual field selection options to identify and acquire multiple areas of interest
- Use audit trail option to track areas you've visited and at what magnification
- Focus on real-time region of interest and specimen in three dimensions
- Capture and store individual and through-focus regions of interest with ‘Snapshots’ and ‘Z-Snaps’
- Find optimum focus using manual and automated focusing
- Store images using local or cloud-based options
- Scan speed 45 seconds for 15mm x 15mm at 20x
Watch our video!
See how the Live mode of the SL5-E system allows pathologists to evaluate glass slides from anywhere in the world.